gammaCore is the first personal-use, transdermal treatment that employs non-invasive vagus nerve stimulation (nVNS) to treat cluster headache pain. That means it delivers a mild, painless, patented electrical stimulation to your vagus nerve, activating it to treat pain associated with episodic cluster headache in adult patients.1,2
gammaCore is about the size of a cell phone, so it’s portable and easy to use.1,2 You can carry it in your pocket or purse, so it can easily be incorporated into your normal lifestyle.
- Relief within 15 minutes for many patients, without the side effects
of many drugs
- Up to 8 treatments each day (24 doses daily)
- Non-drug treatment, with no injecting, inhaling, or ingesting medication
- Flexible use—can be used alone or with your existing treatments
- Treatment with no need for surgery, medical tests, or procedures
- Well-tolerated therapy, with minimal, generally mild side effects
that go away quickly
- Portability and convenience
Held against your neck, gammaCore delivers a painless, patented electrical stimulation to treat episodic cluster headache pain, without the side effects of many drugs.1,2
To treat your cluster headache pain, apply the provided conductive gel to the 2 stimulation surfaces of the device, place it on your neck, and turn it on to deliver a gentle stimulation through your skin to your vagus nerve.2
For more detailed information on using gammaCore, please Contact Us to request a copy of the Instructions for Use.
- Silberstein SD, Mechtler LL, Kudrow DB, et al; ACT1 Study Group. Non-invasive vagus nerve stimulation for the acute treatment of cluster headache: findings from the randomized, double-blind, sham-controlled ACT1 study. Headache. 2016;56(8):1317-1332.
- gammaCore Instructions for Use. Basking Ridge, NJ: electroCore; 2017.